Greek Lamb Casserole
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 230g eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- ¾ cup water
- 280g well-trimmed lamb shoulder, diced
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup chopped fresh mint (divided use)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh dill (divided use)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups orzo
- 1 cup plain EasiYo Skimmers Yogurt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
Add eggplant and water, and cook, stirring frequently, until eggplant is tender, about 5 minutes.
Add lamb and cook until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup of mint, 1/2 cup of dill, and salt, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes, or until lamb is tender.
Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions. Drain.
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Combine yogurt, flour and egg whites in small bowl.
Stir drained orzo into lamb mixture. Spoon mixture into an 28cm x 18cm baking dish.
Cover and bake 10 minutes.
Uncover dish and spoon yogurt mixture over top.
Bake until pasta is piping hot, about 20 minutes.
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup mint and 1/4 cup dill on top and serve.
Other Recipes in this Category
- Albanian Lamb Casserole
- Baked Fish with Ratatouille
- Barbecue Steak & Plum Sauce
- Beef Fillet & Peppercorn Sauce
- Beef Stroganoff
- Lamb Fillets & Yogurt Risotto
- Coconut - Pork Schnitzel
- Filo Lamb Parcels
- Hapuku in Ginger Sauce
- Lamb Curry
- Pork Fillets & Herbs
- Lamb Shish Kebabs
- Spiced Apricot Chicken
- Salmon Kebabs
- Lamb Steaks and Leek Sauce
- Lemon Chicken
- Moroccan Leg of lamb
- Pork and Paprika
- Pumpkin Gnocchi
- Salmon and Yogurt Pasta Sauce
- Spinach Yogurt Fish Fillets
- Smoked Fish Filo Pie
- Chicken Tandoori
- Veal Paprika
- Chickpea Curry
- Lamb Meatballs
- Greek Lamb Casserole
- Chicken & Ginger Sauce
- Chicken baked with Yogurt Spice Crust
Subscribe to our NewsletterUpdates on products, offers, competitions, promotions, health, news...
Submit Your Own Recipe
We would love to hear about how you and your family enjoy EASIYO products.
If you have a favourite EASIYO recipe that you would like to share, send it to us and the best selected will be added to our website! Click here