Our company strongly values sustainability as a core business principle.
Accordingly we committed to, and have now achieved CEMARS® (Certified Emissions Measurement And Reduction Scheme) certification for our powdered yogurt sachets.
Our CEMARS certification involves taking accountability and action to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) generated from the lifecycle of our powdered yogurt sachets.
Our certification signals that we are taking a leadership role by reducing the impact of our products on the environment and offering a sustainable option for our customers.
Why CEMARS certification?
- It's developed from solid science at Landcare Research, a New Zealand Government owned Crown Research Institute.
- It's the first GHG certification scheme in the world to achieve international accreditation through JAS-ANZ.
- It is recognised in over 50 economies.
- You can be sure our organisation has been assessed comprehensively to the most rigorous international standards available for measuring and managing a carbon footprint.
So what does it take?
We have measured the GHG emissions associated with the lifecycle of our powdered yogurt sachets. The diagram below shows the various emissions sources which were assessed to understand our products' carbon footprint.
- Manage and reduce
We have committed to managing and reducing these GHG emissions through top management commitment, setting targets, and reporting on emissions reduction performance. Some of our commitments to reduce the emissions associated with our powdered yogurt sachet include:
- Working with local suppliers and partners wherever possible.
- Using cardboard for consumer packs that is produced from sustainable forests in New Zealand.
- Installing timers for compressors in the factory, also office equipment to reduce electricity usage when not required.
- Recycling paper, card, plastic etc.
- Transportation of bulk milk powder by train rather than truck from our supplier.
Each step we take to reduce our impact and improve our processes is independently verified to ensure credibility and integrity. To ensure the health of our planet for future generations, sustainable business practices are an essential part of commerce in the 21st century. That is why we have committed to participate in the CEMARS certification scheme. When you purchase a CEMARS certified yogurt sachet from EasiYo you can have the confidence in knowing that your purchase is helping to support sustainable business practices.